Erudition is required to solve the Converted tower puzzle. The Converted Tower is located southwest of Raya Lucaria Academy and without the Erudition gesture, the upper remaining part of the tower and its items are inaccessible.
To get the Erudition gesture, you need to complete the Thops’ quest. This article will guide you through completing the Thops’ quest and getting the Erudition to unlock the sealed gate of the Converted tower.
After you give Thops the Academy Glintstone Key, he will provide you with the Erudition Gesture. He won’t accept the first Glintstone key you get at Liurnia lake because it only helps to enter Raya Lucaria Academy. The second Academy Glintstone Key is inside the academy.
Basically, this is a guide to Completing the Thops’ quest and getting the Erudition gesture so we will start from the very beginning, that is meeting Thops.
- From Lake Facing Cliffs Site of Grace, head to Church of Irith. You can find Thops sitting beside the statue of Marika in the Church of Irith.
- Talk to him and exhaust the conversation and he will tell you that he wants to enter Raya Lucaria Academy and for that, he needs the Academy Glintstone Key.
- You can find the first Academy Glintstone Key West of Academy guarded by Glintstone Dragon Smarag.
- Use this key to enter the Raya Lucaria Academy. Enter the Academy from the South Raya Lucaria Gate Site of Grace and you will be transported to Main Academy Gate.
- Make your way through all the elevators and corridors that the academy has to offer and rest at the Debate Parlor Site of Grace once you defeat the Red Wolf of Radagon.
- From this point, there will be a lot of platforming and roof jumping to get the second Academy Glintstone key. Go outside and head Northwest from the destroyed staircase. Dodge through.
- Take left and jump to another staircase.
- Take left and jump on the roof below.
- Continue to jump and head north until you find the ladder.
- Climb up the ladder and go straight to the other side and jump on the right side of the building to another roof.
- You can see an enemy just right on the other roof. Kill him and jump to the ledge and go around the other side.
- Jump on the rounded platform and take left where you can see windows.
- From the window, drop into the beam inside and carefully make your way to the Chandelier where you can see an item glowing. It’s the Academy Glintstone Key.
- Once you obtain the Key, fast travel to Lake Facing Cliffs Site of Grace and head to Church of Irith to give Thops the Academy Glintstone Key.
- Talk to him and after you exhausted his dialogues, you will get the Erudition Gesture.
Now that you have the Erudition Gesture, you can use this gesture to unlock sealed doors at the tower. Just stand in front of the statue of Marika and use this gesture to unlock the blue sealed doors.
There are two Towers that are unlockable with Erudition Gesture and they are.
There are two ways to Climb up the tower to receive the Memory stone. One way is to jump from the outside wall onto the roof and eventually inside the tower and the other intended way is to use the Erudition Gesture to bring out the phantom ladder that allows you to climb up.
Converted Fringe Tower
You need one additional item which is a Glintstone Crown to break the blue barrier of the Converted Fringe tower. You can get the Karolos Glintstone Crown at Raya Lucaria Academy outside the field of Debate Parlor Site of Grace.
Wear the Glintstone Crown and perform the Erudition Gesture to unlock the tower’s remaining area. You will get the Cannon of Haima and Gavel of Haima spells in this place.