Among the several treasure chests you come across in Diablo 4, there is one special kind called the Silent Chest.
You might have completely scoured the dungeon and defeated every foe but found no key to open that particular chest.
This is because the Silent Chests need a special key called the Whispering Key to open them.
To open the Silent Chest,
- Get a Whispering Key.
- And use the Whispering Key to open the Silent Chest and loot what’s in.
Where to Find a Whispering Key?
These keys can be easily purchased in the major towns in the game. Just follow these steps,
- Ensure you have 20 Murmuring Obols (a currency you can find in the game).
Note: You can check the amount of Obols you have under your character profile in the Materials and Stats section.
- Fast travel to a major town area in the game. For example – Kyovashad.
- Find the Merchant called Purveyor of Curiosities. Their location is marked on the map with an icon resembling a Bag of Coins. Interact with the vendor to see what’s in store.
- From the list of goods, scroll till you see Whispering Key. Each key will cost 20 Murmuring Obols.
Drop the key into your equipment menu. You can locate the keys in the consumable section of your backpack.
Note: Murmuring Obols can also be used to roll or gamble for items and equipment from the same merchant.
How to Find Silent Chests?
Silent Chests can spawn randomly as you travel across the world of Diablo IV.
We recommend you always carry extra Whispering Keys with you just in case you come across a Silent Chest during your travels.