You are not alone if the Converted Fringe Tower has left you infuriated and clueless. The 99% of players, who made it to the tower without looking at a guide, were left scratching their heads. The remaining 1%, I guarantee you, solved the puzzle sheerly by accident.
The tower has a puzzle, which asks you to perform the Erudition Gesture. So you go out of your way to complete NPC Thops’ quest and get the gesture; just to come back to the tower and perform it for nothing to happen.
You wait in confusion, perform the gesture multiple times, while standing in different places, and still nothing. It’s the definition of “Magikarp used Splash”.
To solve the Converted Fringe Tower puzzle and remove the seal, you need two things. No doubt you’ll still need the Erudition Gesture, additionally, you need to perform it while wearing one of the Glintstone Crowns. Among the 9 Glintstone Crowns in the game, you will need the one called Karolos Glintstone Crown.
It’s comically infuriating how the game gives you zero hints about wearing the Glintstone Crown to solve the puzzle. I have no clue how the devs even expected the players to figure the whole thing out.
If it weren’t for people who accidentally solved the riddle and shared the information online like in the old days of the internet, the puzzle would have left many people pulling out their hair.
This guide is going to have three parts. It will lead you to the Erudition gesture and the Karolos Glintstone Crown. Finally, we will go back to the Converted Fringe Tower and unlock it.
How to Get the Erudition Gesture?
We have a whole article and a video guide that will lead you to the Erudition Gesture. If the steps in the article don’t make it clear, the video guide will definitely be of help. It has every little step clarified till the end.
How to Equip the Erudition Gesture?
- If on the PC press the “Esc” key on your keyboard or the “Option” button on the gamepad if you are on Xbox or PS.
- Navigate to the 6 gestures grid on the right side of the screen,
- On PC– Use the mouse to navigate select the gesture and replace or switch out by using the F key (by default) on the PC.
- On XBox – Left D-pad to navigate and the Y button to replace or switch out.
- On PS– Left D-pad to navigate and use the Triangle button to replace or switch out.
Also, you can equip a gesture the same way on an empty slot.
- Now go back and navigate over the gesture of your choice,
- On PC– Navigate using the mouse pointer and click on the gesture or press E to confirm when over the gesture.
- On XBox– Navigate using the left D-pad and press the A button when over the gesture.
- On PS– Navigate using the left D-pad and press the X button when over the gesture.
Doing this now uses the gesture you selected.
How to Get the Karolos Glintstone Crown?
The Karolos Glintstone Crown is found in Raya Lucaria Academy. You can find it in less than a minute if you know exactly where to look.
- Go to the Debate Parlor Site of Grace, where you fought the Radagon’s Red Wolf.
- Go outside towards the north door, to the open area, and take the path left along the walls of the building without climbing any stairs.
- Once you can go left, immediately go to the left, and be careful, there is an Abductor Virgin roaming this area. It is best to not be seen by that monstrosity.
- Again turn left to the bushes from the cliffs, and you will see a gleaming crab at the corner, hiding among the bushes.
- Kill the shiny crystal crab, and you will get the Karolos Glintstone Crown.
How to Unlock the Converted Fringe Tower?
Once you have the gesture and the crown both with you, let’s head towards the Converted Fringe Tower again by fast traveling to Frenzied Flame Village Site of Grace.
Stand in front of Queen Marika’s statue and perform the Erudition Gesture while Karolos Glintstone Crown is equipped. You will see a prompt that says “The seal on the rise opened”. This is all you need to do.
The blue seal on the left should now be open. You can now head up and grab your prize. Up the stairs, past a ball sorcerer enemy and again go up the lift, you should find your prize the Gavel of Haima and the Cannon of Haima in a chest.