You are pretty excited to play Minecraft and boot up your PS4. You open Minecraft, but no matter how long you look at the loading screen, It continues forever. You tried rebooting your PS4 but failed to get past the loading screen. It’s a common bug in most PS4 Minecraft, and this content will help you solve this issue.
The game has been crashing since the latest update rolled out by Mojang, but there is a quick and easy fix that includes reinstalling Minecraft. Before you jump into the action, there are several things you should do in order to back up your saved file.
There is also a different method for Disc users. Just make sure you have a decent internet connection and account purchasing Minecraft.
How to Fix Minecraft Stuck on Loading Screen PS4?
Below are the steps to fix this issue for both physical and non-physical purchases of Minecraft. Going through all the steps will help you fix the loading screen issue and get your game up to date.
Using Button Combination For Hotfix
Minecraft claims to have a hotfix for the game, so I recommend trying a hotfix before reinstalling Minecraft. It clears the cache file of Minecraft, removing temporary files that can cause such issues. First, you need to open Minecraft on your PS4 and press these button combinations when you are stuck on the loading screen.
Pressing and holding
R1+R2+L1+L2+Option+Touchpad will clear the cache file of Minecraft. This button combination usually works, but if you still face the loading screen problem, you can move to the next fix.
Updating Minecraft on PS4
While all the updates of Minecraft are done automatically, you might want to make sure your Minecraft version is up to date. Select Minecraft and press the options button on the PS4 controller. The Edit Folder will appear with a list of menus. Select Check for updates and the system will let you download the available updates.
Updating your PS4
Sometimes, the Minecraft Screen Bug can occur from not keeping the PS4 system up to date. Updates for your ps4 are necessary to smoothly run games. Here’s how you can update your Ps4.
- Go to the settings located on the right end of the Ps4 menu.
- Scroll down and enter the System Software Update.
- Your current version of the update will be shown on the screen. Click next and click on update.
After successfully updating your PS4 you can view your Update File on downloads under Notifications.
Backing Up Minecraft Saved Data.
This procedure will safely back up your saved data so you can later upload your saved file into the game after reinstalling Minecraft. You can skip this procedure if you have already done the required task.
For Online Storage
- Go Back to the Home Screen and select Minecraft.
- Press the option to load up the Edit Folder slide bar.
- Select Upload/Download Save Data
- Press Upload All in the System Storage to the Online Storage. It will upload all your Minecraft save files on PlayStation Cloud storage. You can also Select and Upload Saved Data to Online Storage.
- Transferring your saved file will close the Minecraft game by telling you, “The following application will close.” Press OK.
- If you have previously saved Data, then it will ask permission to overwrite the saved data. Press apply all and click on Yes.
For USB Drive
- Plugin your USB Storage Device and select the Settings menu.
- Scroll down to Devices and go to the USB Storage Devices to view free space on your USB.
- Go back to the settings option and scroll to Application Saved Data Management.
- Inside the Application Saved Data Management, select Saved Data in System storage.
- Now select Copy to USB Storage Device, which will Copy your selected save file from internal PS4 storage into the USB stick.
- You will need the latest version of the PS4 operating system to successfully operate transferring of safe files.
- Now you are presented with a bunch of games saved files and their storage.
- Enable Select Multiple Application by clicking the Options button on the controller.
- After selecting the preferred games saved file, press Copy, which will copy the files into your USB drive.
- You can retrieve your saved file from the USB device into the internal storage of PS4 by selecting Saved Data on USB Storage Device and Copy to System Storage.
Below is the step-by-step guide on how to delete and reinstall Minecraft along with your saved Data. Disk users can simply delete the game, insert the disk and reinstall from the Minecraft disk.
- Select Minecraft and press the option, and the Edit Folder will appear.
- Scroll down to delete, and the system will ask for confirmation. Press OK.
- Now that you delete Minecraft from PS4, Go all the way to the Library.
- Inside the Library menu, scroll down to Purchased. Here You will find every game you purchased from your account.
- Locate the Minecraft game and press X.
- Press download inside the Minecraft game option.
- Minecraft will let you choose the Skin Pack before downloading. You can download additional content by selecting all.
- Press OK, and the download will begin.
You can boost your download speed by closing background applications. After successfully installing Minecraft, go to Upload/Download Save Data and download all the saved data back into your PS4 internal storage.
Remember to check for updates after reinstalling Minecraft. Having an older version of Minecraft and not updating can re-occur as a loading screen bug.
Ps4 users have been suffering from this concurrent issue and most of the problems are fixed only after reinstalling the game. Currently, there has not been any permanent resolution from Mojang, and users are opting to fix this problem by themselves.