In Diablo 4, Aspects are unique perks that either come with legendary gears or as a reward for completing dungeons. You can use the Aspects on your rare or even legendary gear at the Occultist to make them stronger.
Unlike upgrading your gear, Aspects do not increase the innate stats of your gear. Instead, they’re a special bonus effect that you can imprint on your gear to either actively or passively help your gameplay.
For example, You can imprint the Aspect of Disobedience on your helm to make your character more robust, or you can apply the Accelerating Aspect on your amulet to make your attack fast and lethal.
That being said, let’s look into how you can apply Aspects on your gear.
Getting the Aspects
Before we proceed to use the Aspects, we’ll quickly go over the ways to acquire them. You can get two different Aspects in the game, i.e., the Codex of Power aspects and the aspects from legendary gears.
You can get all the Aspects from Codex of Power by clearing out dungeons and by completing location campaigns.
But you can only extract the legendary aspect from a legendary gear by destroying it at the Occultist. You can learn more about acquiring Aspects from here.
The Aspects from the Codex of Power are relatively easy to obtain compared to legendary gear Aspects.
However, the Codex of Power Aspects is also relatively weaker than Aspect obtained from legendary gear.
Applying the Aspects
To imprint Aspects onto your gear, you must visit the Occultist.
But first, you must unlock them by either reaching level 25 on your active character or completing a dungeon.
- Interact with an Occultist. You can find one in Cerrigar.
- Right-click on the rare or legendary item that you wish to imprint the Aspect on.
- Now, you can choose between either the aspect from the codex of power or a legendary aspect from your inventory. Click on either of the given boxes and pick the aspect of your liking.
- You can check the finalized item by hovering your mouse cursor on the preview box.
- Click the Imprint Aspect button to apply the aspect permanently.
Here’s a video guide.
What are Different Types of Aspects in Diablo 4?
The game currently offers 115 different aspects, but this number will continue to grow in the upcoming updates. These aspects are categorized into five groups for every class.
In addition to the above aspect category, there’s also an additional category known as the general group. It contains universal aspects that any class can use.
The type of Aspect that you can apply also depends on the type of gear. This means that you cannot imprint Resource Aspects on your gloves or boots. Resources Aspect are exclusive to ring.
Here is a list of all the Aspect types, along with their compatible gear.
|Aspect Type||Gear Type|
|Offensive||Amulet, Weapons, Gauntlet, Ring|
|Defensive||Head, Cuirass, Pant, Amulet, Shield|
|Utility||Amulet, Shield, Helm, Cuirass, Gauntlet, Boots|
How to Check the Acquired Aspects?
If you wish to keep track of all the Aspects you acquired throughout your playthrough, you can do so via the Codex of Power or the character menu screen.
All the Aspects acquired from dungeons can be viewed in Codex of Power. Follow the steps below.
- Pause the game and open the Collection tab.
- Now, open the Codex of Power.
- Here, you can filter Aspects as well as track the location of the Aspects.
The legendary Aspects obtained from legendary gear can be viewed from the Aspect tab in the character menu.
- Open your Character Menu Screen.
- On the Inventory screen, switch to the Aspect tab in the bottom right corner.