One of the jaw-dropping moments in the Elden Ring is the stunning view of Norkon you see while taking the long elevator ride down the Siofra River Well. Sadly, even if you see Nokron City glimmering from the Siofra River, you won’t be able to access it from there.
It is impossible to reach Nokron unless you make stars fall upon the Lands Between. To accomplish that, you have to literally free the stars from someone who has taken them hostage. That someone is the powerful General, Starscourge Radahn.
Radahn has stilled the stars by taking control of their gravity and turning their power into his magic, so that he can ride his undersized horse, Leonard, without hurting him.
As Radahn is a colossal being, anyone he sits upon would be squashed like a bug, if it wasn’t for the gravity-defying magic Radahn stole from the stars.
Although, we all admire Radahn’s affection for his dear horse Leonard. For this tutorial, let’s set the stars free from Radahn’s clutches, make them fall upon Lands Between, and unlock the path to reach Nokron.
Start the Radahn Festival
To fight and defeat Radahn you need to start a festival of war, i.e. the Radahn Festival. There are two ways to do that.
One is by going through Ranni’s questline to a certain point and another is by getting to Altus Plateau and resting on a Site of Grace there. We will discuss both ways here.
By Progressing Through Ranni’s Questline
- Find Lunar Princess Ranni in Ranni’s Rise, the tower where she resides and accept to be in her service.
- Meet three of Ranni’s subjects in their spectral form, the knowledgeable Blacksmith Iji, the dubious sorcerer Seluvis and the brave wolf knight Blaidd. Once you talk to all three, you can exit the tower.
- Head to Liurina, to the Mistwood Forest, and find the Siofra River Well. Take the lift down. If it’s your first time, remember to take in the breathtaking view. If it’s not, just patiently wait till the long ride is over.
- Find Blaidd in Siofra River Basin. He is standing on the edge of the cliff. We have marked the location on the map. He can see Nokron City high up, but cannot reach there and is pondering how to get there. He will insist if you can ask Seluvis.
- Find Seluvis who is located in Seluvis’ Rise. Another tower in the Three Sisters Region. Once you talk to him, after a few dialogues of introduction, you can ask him about Nokron. He will give you a letter called Seluvis’s Introduction you can take to Sorceress Sellen. Keep talking to him unless he gives you the letter.
- Visit Sorceress Sellen, who is underground inside the Waypoint Ruins. If it’s your first time here in the Ruins, there is a Mad Pumpkin Head boss you will have to defeat. Once you defeat the boss, the next chamber leads to Sellen.
- Sellen will tell you about General Radahn, and how his exploits might have put a seal upon Ranni’s fate. She will add, if Radahn were to be defeated, the seal could be undone.
- Once again, head to Siofra River Basin and update Blaidd with the new information. He will tell you about a festival being held in Redmane Castle and will ask you to give the Castle a visit. This dialogue activates the teleporter on the southeast edge of Caelid and starts the Radhan Festival.
By Reaching Altus Plateau
- Find the two pieces of the Dectus Medallion. One atop the Fort Haight, Limgrave, and another atop the Fort Farroth, Caelid. After that, reach the Grand Lift of Dectus and ride it up to reach Altus Plateau.
- Alternately, get through the Ruin Strewn Precipice and defeat the Magma Wyrm Makar, a dragon boss at its end and make it to Altus Plateau by using a lift at the end of the boss fight arena.
- Activate any Site of Grace in the Altus Plateau region and you will have started the festival of Radahn. After that you can head to the southeast edge of Caelid to use the teleporter.
Defeat Starscourge Radahn
To head towards General Radahn fast travel or ride to the southeast edge of Caelid and head towards the teleporter in the edge of the cliff.
- Take the teleporter and get to Redmane Castle.
- Activate the Site of Grace in a room near the entrance of the castle before you head straight into the festival.
- Meet the heroes in the courtyard, as they are going to be your allies. Blaidd, Alexander the Jar and some more faces should be gathered there.
- Find Witch Hunter Jerren, he will be dramatically announcing the festival from a platform above the courtyard. You can access the platform from a staircase located opposite to the entrance.
- Talk to Jerren and after a short cutscene, the festival will begin.
- Go to the building at the north of Redmane Castle, it is right behind the Witch Hunter Jerren, straight from the staircases. Enter the building and you will see an exit that leads to a lift.
- Take the lift down to the dunes. You will find yourself at the edge of water, and a teleporter in front of you.
- Take the teleporter and the bossfight with Radahn should begin automatically.
- Use everything in your disposal to defeat Radahn, ride horseback on torrent, use all the summonable allies and give Radahn hell.
- Once Radahn is defeated, his powers over stars wane. This leads to a meteor shower and a big distant explosion as one of the falling stars lands somewhere.
The star fell somewhere on Liurnia. You need to find the location and head underground to reach Nokron.
- Fast travel to Mistwood forest Site of Grace and head south or Fort Haight West Site of Grace, from where a bunch of floating rocks should directly be visible.
- Head to the crevasse below the floating rocks, and navigate down wards platforming carefully along the cliffs and jumping towards rocks. One wrong jump here will kill you instantly.
- Once you have taken all the right leaps you will reach a cave that is glowing faintly. Enter this cave and jump down few levels carefully in the interiors.
- Just as you exit the interiors, you will be greeted by Nokron, Eternal City written on the screen.
- Next up, you need to jump a little bit more. Avoid the aggressive mercury slimes and find an enterable window.
- Enter the window, and from a lantern lighted edge in the broken floor you are on, jump down.
- Head to the doorway at the end of this floor and up ahead is Norkon, Eternal City Site of Grace.