Ranni is without any debate one of the most popular NPCs we can meet in Elden Ring. She is the daughter of Carian Queen Rennala and the second Elden Lord Radagon which makes her a powerful demigod royalty.
Her storyline in the game constitutes a full length optional story which once completed can alter the ending of Elden Ring. This ending, dubbed The Age of Stars unites you with Ranni as her eternal Lord Consort, and takes your Tarnished hero to her moonlit world.
It is quite obvious that many Tarnished were bewitched by the mysterious charms of the Lunar princess Ranni during their playthrough of Elden Ring. It’s not just us who say that. It is proven by the prevalence of an insurmountable amount of Ranni’s fanarts across the internet. Moreover, there is actual data to back our claims.
According to steam, more than 25% of the players went for the Age of Stars ending, which is only achieved after completing Ranni’s questline. Whereas, the main ending i.e. the Elden Lord ending is completed by just over 19% of the players which is even more surprising, because the ending, Age Of the Stars is locked by many secret optional quests.
If you are among one of those players who is making a special effort and going out of your way to get to the Age of Stars ending, then let us be your guide. We have a complete walkthrough starting from the beginning of Ranni’s questline to the very end.
For your ease, we have divided the questline into comprehensive parts, meaning you can compartmentalize and complete them one by one. So, let’s nosedive right into the rabbit hole.
Meet Ranni by Reaching the Three Sister’s Region
You can initially meet Ranni, calling herself Renna in the very beginning of the game. Visit the Church of Elleh at night after getting torrent and she will greet you there. Then you have to go all the way out to the northernmost part of Liurnia, i.e. the Three Sister’s Region to meet her again. This is where we come in with our guidance.
First and foremost, travel to the northwestern Liurnian lakeshore, because this is where we start our journey. You can easily get there riding horseback on Torrent, and galloping across the huge lake.
Don’t miss the enchanting scenery of Liurnia as you travel there. Additionally we also have a map to help you.
- Once at the Lakeshore, you should head to the map pedestal and pick up a Map Fragment of the Three Sister’s Region before setting off on your journey.
- After you have the Map fragment, head north. You will reach Kingsrealm Ruins, keep heading north.
- When you cross the ruins you will reach a vast open area, here you will meet Iji the Blacksmith, a friendly giant and also discover a Site of Grace called Road to the Manor.
- Travel North towards the castle wall gateway you see from the distance. Better travel in haste without stopping as damaging sorceries will start raining upon you.
- Enter the Gate and you will have reached Caria Manor, this is a dungeon you will have to cross to reach your destination.
- Travel straight and cross a fountain, then the path will start veering towards the left and slightly uphill.
- The path will end in front of a building that has a blue light lit entrance atop a staircase. There will be a giant hand monster shooting spells at you outside this building. Enter the building.
- After you are inside, climb upstairs and you will find a Site of Grace called Manor Lower Level. From the Site of Grace, go outside towards the platform path.
- Keep straight as you follow the ramparts or the raised platform and cross the first tower, and keep going straight till your path bends left towards an entrance that follows a large staircase.
- Climb the staircase to the chamber with a lift. Use the lift to go up and reach another Site of Grace called Manor Upper Level.
- Head outside using the doorway from the room with the Site of Grace and you will reach a forested opening with a couple of giant wolves patrolling the surrounding area.
- Go right, down the staircase towards the walls and enter the gate from the forested area. Right away, you will find yourself at the base of a giant staircase that has a welcoming party of enemies.
- Get past the sorcerers and a magical giant as you ascend upstairs and reach the top of the staircase. At the top you will see an arched doorway. Ahead is a boss fight.
- Enter the doorway into an area called Royal Moongazing Grounds, it has a large circular artificial pond in its center. If you go to the center of this pond you will trigger the bossfight with the Royal Knight Loretta.
- Loretta is a magic wielding horseback knight. You need to defeat this boss to move forward to the destination. Once you defeat her go towards the north corner of the arena, you will see a door you can travel through. This door will initially be blocked with fog before you defeat the boss.
- Once you cross the door, you are in the Three Sisters Region. Check your map, you need to head to a tower in the south west edge of this region from the Royal Moongazing Grounds.
- There is a dragon patrolling this area, get past it and watch out for some prowling wolves. Once you find the entrance of the tower, enter it. The path to this tower will also be marked on the map above made by us to guide you. You will find a Site of Grace inside the tower called Ranni’s Rise.
- Get to the top of the tower and you will meet Ranni seated in her private chamber.
Get the Fingerslayer Blade
Once you meet Ranni, enter her service to begin her quest. You will have to do several smaller tasks and end up retrieving a key item called Fingerslayer Blade. We have a detailed guide with each and every step you need to take in order to get to the Fingerslayer Blade.
Important Note: Once you get the Fingerslayer Blade, if you want to do Seluvis’s questline, do so before you deliver the blade to Ranni.
As she leaves the tower after getting her hands on the Fingerslayer blade, when that happens, you will not be able to progress Seluvis’s storyline.
Fight the Baleful Shadow and Get the Discarded Palace Key
Once you deliver the Finger Slayer Blade to Ranni you can get Carian Inverted Statue from her. This starts your second big quest to slay Baleful Shadow and retrieve the Discarded Palace Key.
We have a comprehensive guide to help you navigate your way step by step through this part of the questline.
Find the Dark Moon Ring and Get to Astel Naturalborn of The Void
After getting the DarkMoon Ring by unlocking a chest next to Rennala in Raya Lucaria Academy using the Discarded Palace Key you will need to travel to the very abyss of the Elden Ring.
You have to venture forth to the deep underground area called Lake of Rot, and fight Astel, the Naturalborn of the Void. We have made an elaborate guide to help you navigate your way to this otherworldly boss.
Reach Moonlight Altar and Meet Ranni in Cathedral of Manus Celes
As soon as you defeat Astel, you can take a lift up to reach Moonlight Altar. Then go to the Cathedral of Manus Celes. Underneath this cathedral is where the last part of Ranni’s questline takes place.
You and Ranni will get engaged after the interaction in this area. We have a complete step by step guide to reach Moonlight Altar and find Ranni, do check it out.
What Happens After Completing Ranni’s Questline?
You will have met a lot of memorable characters by the end of Ranni’s Questline. Once you have finished Ranni’s bidding, you will get to experience the end of all the character’s tales.
These NPCs include Blaidd who you will find hostile and feral in front of Ranni’s Rise. You can defeat him here and pick up his armor set. You can also pick up Blaidd’s wolf helmet by scaling the exterior walls of Seluvis’s Rise.
After that you can visit Seluvis inside his tower, he too seems to have passed away leaving his armor set and ball bearing for you to loot.
Next you can visit Pidia, she is a character who you will meet during Seluvis’s questline. She will also have passed leaving you her Ball Bearing and the Spirit Ash, Dolores the Sleeping Arrow Puppet.
Next you can visit Iji and tell him about Blaidd’s sad fate, when you visit him again or reload the area he will have succumbed to black flames. You can now pick up Iji’s Mirrorhelm, his helmet.
How to Get the Age of Stars Ending?
Once you defeat the Elden Beast, you will see a blue summon sign if you have completed all of Ranni’’s questline. You need to interact with this sign to trigger the Age of Stars Ending.
After that, your Tarnished champion will be whisked away with Ranni to her moonlit world. We do not know what lies ahead afterwards, in Ranni’s own words the new world will be cold, lonely, dark and above all uncertain.