Millicent like her mother Malenia is afflicted with the curse Scarlet Rot. She seems to have inherited the Scarlet Rot disease genetically from Malenia. The disease causes Millicent incapacitating pain and has resulted in the loss of her right arm.
Scarlet Rot is a communicable disease that has plagued the Lands Between for ages. The inhabitants of the Caelid Region are the ones most affected by the Rot as Caelid is the epicenter where the Scarlet Rot originated.
Caelid wasn’t always plagued by Scarlet Rot, this pandemic started when Millicent’s mother Malenia was battling General Radahn. During the heat of battle, the Scarlet Rot that was growing inside of Malenia burst out of her body taking the form of Scarlet Aeonia, a blooming flower of Rot. This incident spread the Scarlet Rot throughout the Lands Between.
During your journey through Caelid, if by chance, you happened to meet Millicent cowering in the corner of the Church of the Plague, and feel like helping her heal. Or, you have been talking to a mysterious NPC, Gowry who has asked you to somehow help Millicent.
To help Millicent heal, deliver the Unalloyed Gold Needle to her. This Needle was made by her uncle Miquella for her mother Malenia. It was used to suppress the Scarlet Rot curse in Malenia and now can be used in the same way to help her daughter Millicent.
We will guide you with detailed steps to help Millicent heal,
- First, talk to Gowry in his Shack and get some information on how to start helping Millicent.
- Next, head into the Swamp of Aeonia. In the Northeast part of the swamp, nearby the gate to the town of Sellia, there is an arena where you will meet Commander O’Neil.
- Fight and defeat Commander O’Neil and he will drop the broken Unalloyed Gold Needle along with the Halberd he was using to attack you.
- Take the Unalloyed Gold Needle back to Gowry, and he should fix it for you. Now, reload the area by resting on a Site of Grace and talk to Gowry again to acquire the mended Needle from him. He also gives you a parchment containing the secrets of Sellia.
- Next, go find Millicent. There are two ways to get to her, the first of which is by lighting the three braziers that are located in the three towers in the town of Sellia. We have a complete video guide to help you with that. After you have unsealed the blocked gate to Sellia Backstreets you can travel uphill to the Church of the Plague and reach Millicent.
- Alternatively, you can travel using the teleporter located a bit to the north of the third Church of Marika and reach the Bestial Sanctum. From there you can travel southwest and eventually reach the Church of the Plague. We have a guide with everything you need for this step too.
- Once you are in the church, deliver the Unalloyed Gold Needle to Millicent and reload the area by resting on a Site of Grace.
- Now go see Millicent again, she should be standing with vigor and renewed hope. She’ll tell you the pain due to the Rot has subsided and now she will leave the church and travel across Lands Between. This starts Millicent’s questline.
- If you want to meet Millicent again, travel the Lands Between and you will see her again. She will even help you during some boss fights. Her story comes to an end in the Haligtree and has some hard choices for you the player Tarnished to make.