There are plenty of cool things you can do using an iMessage app on your iPhone. Apart from sending messages, pictures, and GIFs to other iPhones, you can also use its App Store feature to share songs, send private messages, or even play games. These features help you get even closer to your loved ones.
8 Ball Pool is one of the games that you can play with someone using iMessage. Although there are plenty of other games available to play over the app, 8 Ball Pool seems to be enjoyed by all. The reason is that the game is usually short, simple, and very addictive. This article explains a detailed step-by-step guide on how you can play 8 Ball Pool using your iMessage.
How to Play Pool on iMessage
Before you are able to play pool with your friends (or anyone) on iMessage, you need to complete few steps. Firstly, you will need to install an app called GamePigeon from your iMessage App Store. Then, after installing GamePigeon, you need to invite the person to play the 8 Ball Pool with you.
(Note: Both of you need to be using iMessage to be able to play this game. It doesn’t work on SMS Messages.)
Download the GamePigeon App from the iMessage Store
Here are the steps you need to follow to download and install GamePigeon on your iMessage:
- On your iPhone, tap on the Messages app and launch it from your home screen.
- Tap on any of your conversations and open it.
- After opening the message, you will be able to see a greyed-out App Store logo adjacent to the area where you type your text. Tap on the greyed-out App Store logo.
- Now, you will see a list of options to choose from, including the original App Store logo. Tap on the App Store logo to open the iMessage store overlay.
- Scroll down till you see an app named “GamePigeon,” and tap on the Get button. Alternatively, you can also type ‘Game Pigeon’ in the search bar and search for the app directly.
Invite Your Friends to Play 8 Ball Pool
Now that you’ve downloaded the GamePigeon app, you can easily get access to its games and you can start inviting your friends to play together. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone and tap on the conversation of the person you wish to play 8-ball pool with. Or you can also tap on the compose icon located at the top-right corner of the app to create a new chat.
- Once you’re on the conversation screen, you will be able to see the greyed App Store icon adjacent to the typing bar.
- Tap on that icon and scroll it sideways till you see the GamePigeon icon.
- After launching GamePigeon, you will see the list of all games available on the platform. Simply tap on 8 Ball to choose it.
- Then, select a game and difficulty mode that you want to play. (8 Ball+ mode has double the balls, and hard mode does not have an aim assist.)
- Now, tap on the send button to send an invite to the desired person.
- Once the other person accepts the invite, you can play together.