One of the most useful Crystal Tear you will find in Elden Ring is the Cerulean Hidden Tear. This nifty item yields a very valuable effect in Elden Ring, i.e. for a grand total of 15 seconds, no FP will be consumed for any of your actions.
That means you can commit yourself to cast a continuous spell that would otherwise drain all your FP in a few seconds, or use a flurry of spells without any repercussions.
And believe us when we say it, 15 seconds of no mana consumption can turn the tide during a fight and be extremely useful during a pinch.
Note: Everything except Visage Shield’s Ash of War, the Tongues of Fire, works with Cerulean Hidden Tear till the patch v1.08.
If you want this item and the effects it produces at your disposal in your inventory, this guide will feature everything from where to find it, how to use it, and the best crystal tear combinations that go with the Cerulean Hidden Tear.
Where to Find Cerulean Hidden Tear?
This item is dropped by a boss called Ulcerated Tree Spirit located by a minor Erdtree near Volcano Manor, Altus Plateau. We will guide you from the very beginning of the Atlus Plateau Site of Grace, near the Grand Lift of Dectus to the exact location of the boss, near the Road of Iniquity Site of Grace.
You can follow the marked map to guide yourself the whole way or read the detailed steps given below.
- Follow the road north from the Atlus Plateau Site of Grace, and turn west when you reach the militia encampment.
- Cross the militia encampment while avoiding the ballista shots, till you reach the Erdtree Gazing Site of Grace, from there follow the path north again. There should be a Golden Seed here that you can pick up if you are here for the first time.
- Going north will take you along a cliff road, once you are up head north-west, across the Wyndham Ruins. First-timers here will encounter a Tibia Mariner boss.
- Once you are at the edge of the ruins, you will see a ravine you can enter. The entrance of this ravine has a Site of Grace called Seethewater River. Follow this ravine, while avoiding the geysers that shoot from below your feet, till you reach a fork in the road.
- Take a left from the fork of the road, keep avoiding the geysers, and avoid the raining enemies.
- Once you are cleared off the ravine, you will reach a burnt area. It also has a Site of Grace called Seethewater Terminus.
- Up ahead of the Seethewater Terminus is Fort Laiedd. There are enemies swarming this place, from its outskirts turn west towards the land seeping with lava. Be alert as there is a field boss here called Magma Wyrm.
- You can cross the lava or take the path along the shore of the lava lake. This will lead you to a cliff road, follow this road, to the end till you reach a rock arch. Make sure you avoid a Runebear ambush.
- Just right from the rock arch, there is a Site of Grace called Craftman’s Shack in between if you need to take a rest.
- Cross the Hermit Village and head towards the rocks directly to the north, you will meet a field boss called Demi-Human Queen Maggie and some of her cronies.
- Immediately past the boss, towards the left should be the Primeval Sorcerer Azur Site of Grace. You can rest here to de-aggro the enemies.
- Continue heading north from the Site of Grace and Jump off the extended rock on the platform below and keep heading north till you reach a watchtower.
- From the watchtower, head west by jumping off another jutting rock towards an abandoned militia camp.
- There is a cliff with tall ladders you need to climb but be careful there is a Grafted Scion enemy that might get a jump at you here if you are not careful.
- Once you climb the 3 sets of tall ladders you will reach a militia camp at the top. Directly west atop the cliffs behind the foot soldier camp is a wooden bridge. Traverse it to reach the Ninth Mt.Glemir Campsite Site of Grace.
- Right in front of the Site of Grace is an Airstream you can ride to reach the top of a cliff directly in front of it. It has a huge crater and a boss you can skip called the Fallingstar Beast.
- Along the edge of this circular clifftop is a rock extension you can use to jump off on the land below. You should see the volcano manor towards the south.
- Don’t head to the manor; keep heading west from the initial platform you landed on till you see a path that goes downhill.
- Follow the path south and it will take you beneath the platform you landed on, you will also find the Map Fragment of Mt.Glemir here.
- Here you will find a Site of Grace called Road to Iniquity. This is your final Site of Grace in this journey.
- Directly east of this Site of Grace, is the boss fight arena and a Minor Erdtree. Head there to start the fight with Ulcerated Tree Spirit.
- A portal will open and Ulcerated Tree Spirit should descend on the arena shortly, defeat this boss and you will be rewarded with the Cerulean Hidden Tear and a Leaden Hardtear.
How to Use the Cerulean Hidden Tear?
It can be confusing for some on how exactly to use these Crystal Tear items. To use them, you will need a Flask of Wondrous Physick. It can be found in the Third Church of Marika.
If you have progressed into the later stages of the game and still haven’t found the flask, head to the Roundtable Hold and you can purchase it from the Twin Maiden’s Husk merchant. With it in your possession head to a Site of Grace.
- Rest at a Site of Grace and navigate to the Mix Wondrous Physick titled menu.
- Once inside this menu, you can choose two different Crystal Tears to mix together and form an elixir you can use. So, pick your favorite crystals and see what you can cook up.
- Once the elixir is cooked, use it just like you would use your healing flask, from the inventory menu or directly from the shortcut menu.
NOTE: This item is limited to a single charge and it is replenished only when you rest at the Site of Grace.
Best Wondrous Physick Combinations with The Cerulean Hidden Tear
This crystal tear is best utilized by faith or intelligence-focused Tarnished players. Combining its FP-saving quality is best done with crystal tears that raise the power of sorceries or incantations.
The resulting potion can make a potent mix that can deal some serious magic damage to your foes.
For spellcasters, use Cerulean Hidden Tear with Intelligence-Knot Crystal tear. For users of incantations, use the cerulean Hidden tear with Faith-Knot Crystal tear.
Also, try to combine it with Magic-Shrouding, Flame-Shrouding, Lightning-Shrouding, or Holy-Shrouding Cracked Tear if you use any of those element-focused spells, weapon arts, or incantations.
With any of those combinations, you should be able to burst out a big chunk of damage in the 15-second infinite FP window provided by the Cerulean Hidden Tear.