So you hit an NPC accidentally, and now you are running away, only to return and witness their rage once again. Many players get stuck in this kind of situation when experimenting with their attacks on NPCs while in the process of completing their quest; if you are like us and want to calm them down or even revive some characters, then here’s the complete guide to Absolution.
Keep in mind that Absolution does not work when it comes to killing characters like White-Faced Varrem, Knight in Warmaster’s Shack, and Patches because their quest line isn’t vital to the story. Absolution is most effective if you aggro any NPC and seek forgiveness.
Elden Ring: Absolution Detailed Guide
The article covers all the necessary procedures in order to perform Absolution. The guide will Navigate to the Church of Vows, where you can cleanse your committed crimes against NPC and reveal the location of all the finite Celestial Dew to perform Absolution. So let’s begin.
Location to Church of Vows
Church of Vows is the place where you offer Celestial Dew to ask forgiveness from NPC and also resurrect some major NPC who is very important to aid you on your journey.
We begin our journey from the Lake facing cliff Site of grace. If you want to reach Liurnia of the Lake early without entering the Stormveil castle, then you can check our previous article on the Roundtable location guide.
Once you are at the Lake Facing Cliff site of grace, go right to the edge and look for the stone platform sticking out of the cliff. It is better to slide down the first platform for an accurate landing on your horse.
While the first one is relatively easy, it’s the second and third where people might miss the platform, so make sure to drink potion between the platforms.
Once you reach Liurnia Highway South Site of Grace, It is relatively easy to get to Artist Shack. You just need to ride uphill once you reach Liurnia Highway North Site of grace.
You will come across a big gap between the Church of Vows and Artist Shack, but you will have the option to ride across with the help of big stones that work like a bridge between two cliffs. Once you cross the stone bridge, you can view the Church of vows standing tall above the elevation.
Go inside the Church to interact with the statue to receive Absolution. You will meet Miriel, Pastor of Vows, A Huge old turtle NPC who will sell you amazing incantations and spells.
All the Locations of Celestial Dew
There are a total of fifteen Celestial Dew spread across the Lands Between. You will have access to their location while you progress through various regions. For now, one or two of these items will suffice, but you can always use Celestial Dew to reset characters if you are certain to meet NPCs at required locations but find nobody there.
- You can purchase one from a Nomadic merchant at Ainsel River for seventy-five hundred runes.
- Another one can be purchased from Pidia at Caria Manor.
- Found on a corpse at the ledge in Ainsel River Well, Uhl Palace Ruins.
- Fourth is at the other side of South Raya Lucaria Gate, which is accessible from the Main Academy Gate.
- Found on the corps lying at the bottom of the ruin in Nokstella, Eternal City.
- Found on the corps in Night’s Sacred Ground inside Siofra River.
- To the north of Nokstella, the eternal city.
- Uhl Palace Ruins ground.
- Found on the corpse in Ainsel River near a bunch of slug enemies.
- Found on the corpse on the lege in Night’s Sacred Ground.
- On the second floor of the Erdtree sanctuary where you have to defeat Godfrey, The first Elden lord. Take right when you reach the upper floor and jump inside from the window and you can find a corpse with Celestial Dew.