The Cathedral of Manus Celes is where Ranni’s questline concludes. It is also where you finally put a ring on Ranni’s fingers, marking some sort of engagement between you and the Lunar Witch.
The cathedral is located on a highland situated in the southernmost part of Liurnia. The name Manus Celes also translates to Celestial Hand, as the building in its deep underground cave unironically hides a hand with Two Fingers that were designated to seal Ranni’s fate.
We believe Ranni or someone protecting Ranni hid the Two Fingers inside this cathedral that is under the watchful gaze of Outer Gods of the Moon.
This is probably done so that the fingers cannot communicate with the Greater Will and control Ranni’s destiny.
In the end, after we have given the Fingerslayer Blade to Ranni, the time is ripe for her to unseal her fate and take her destiny under her control.
As this is the final part of Ranni’s questline, there are many precursors to reach this point of the game. Fear not; we will provide you with all the help you need to get to this part of the game from the beginning. You can just follow our comprehensive step-by-step guides.
- The first part of this questline entails getting the Fingerslayer Blade.
- Next comes finding the Discarded Palace Key by defeating the Baleful Shadow.
- After that, you need to fight Astel Natural Born of Void and defeat it.
- You also need to get to Rennala, Queen of Full Moon, a boss at the end of Raya Lucaria Academy’s legacy dungeon.
Note: You can do the 4th part anytime, in any order but you cannot do 1-3 in a different order.
Once you are done with these steps, you need one more Item, i.e, the Dark Moon ring. Without this item, you will not be able to get passage to the Cathedral of Manus Celes. So before we venture out to reach Manus Celes, let’s find your engagement ring.
How to Find the Dark Moon Ring?
The Dark Moon Ring is an easy-to-obtain item if you have completed all the parts of the guides mentioned above. You need to complete part 1 and 2 to get the Discarded Palace Key by beating the Baleful Shadow and make it through part 4 by defeating Rennala.
- Fast travel to the Raya Lucaria Academy, into the royal library where Rennala resides. There in front of a huge bookshelf, you will see a chest; it is quite hard to miss.
- Open the chest using the Discarded Palace Key and take the item inside, it is the Dark Moon Ring.
With the Dark Moon Ring in your possession, the fog blocking your path towards progress in the north of the arena where you fought Astel, the Naturalborn of Void will have lifted. You can now go to find the cathedral.
Find the Cathedral of Manus Celes
Now follow the step-by-step guide to make your way to the Cathedral of Manus Celes.
- Fast travel to the Astel Naturalborn of the Void Site of Grace in Lake of Rot.
- Travel north into the warmly lit cave, and follow the cave path along the dripstones hanging from the ceiling and prodding from the ground.
- At the end of this path is a lift, ride it up to a structure called Ainsel River Well.
- Exit the Ainsel River Well, and you will be greeted by Moonlight Altar text on the screen.
- Traverse through the thicket of trees keeping your heading North-East, as soon as you reach the clearing, a ruined building atop the hill should be in your view. The Moonlight Altar Site of Grace should be on the left along the road.
- Head towards the building, and a text will appear on the screen that reads Cathedral of Manus Celes. Head inside and in front of an altar-looking stone slab is a Site of Grace, activate it.
- Just aside from the Site of Grace, there is a directly visible hole in the floor. Go to the hole and carefully jump in, first onto a ledge then to the pit.
- You will see a tunnel once you reach the pit; follow the tunnel till you come upon Ranni, who you will find sitting upon the slain, disfigured, and bloodied Two Fingers’ corpse.
- Interact with her and put the DarkMoon Ring on her finger, marking the engagement. Doing this also now unlocks the Age of Stars ending. Now finally, you can exit the tunnel to Liurnia.