Deep under the Lands Between is a forlorn place covered in old tangled roots drenched with ancient rivers, suitably called the Deeproot Depths.
These deep depths are where the rivers of Ainsel and Siofra originate. The depths also contain gigantic roots of giant dead trees that precede the Erdtree itself.
Deeproot Depth also houses the most mysterious location in all of the Elden Ring, the Nameless Eternal City. There are only theories about the meaning and importance this location holds in the fantastic lore of Elden Ring.
The Depths is also the place where you can complete the questline of NPC Fia, the hug lady from the Roundtable Hold.
Besides the teleporter in Renna’s Rise, Deeproot Depths is the only other way to reach Nokstella, Eternal City. There are two ways to reach Deeproot Depths,
- From Nokron Eternal City, going through the Sifora Aqueduct and
- From the underground dungeon of Leyndell Capital
Reach Deeproot Depths from Nokron Eternal City
I highly suggest you take the first option because, compared to the Leyndell dungeon, defeating Radahn is easy, which allows the player to reach Deeproot Depths in the early game.
Get to Radahn, and defeat him to release the stars from their bondage. The resulting Starfall will unlock the path to Nokron City.
Two boss fights block access to Deeproot Depth while using this path. Here is a detailed guide from the entrance of Norkon City to the Great Waterfall Basin Site of Grace in Sifora Aqueduct.
- From Fort Haight West Site of Grace, take a right and carefully drop down the giant hole.
- Once you reach the bottom of the flotation rock platform, turn North, where you can see an opening.
- Descend the platform to reach the Nokron Eternal City entrance.
- Jump down to the roof of the buildings, and you will reach a small ledge with an open window.
- Climb inside the building from the window and take a huge drop to the lower platform.
- Go inside and activate the Nokron, Eternal City Site of Grace. Outside is a courtyard, from there, find a staircase and journey down to the ruined arena where you have to fight the Mimic Tear. (First Boss Fight)
- After defeating the boss, Head north and cross the bridge to reach the other side.
- Go west and turn right, where you will see jellyfish on the edge of the cliff.
- Drop down to the lower platform and activate the Aqueduct Facing Cliffs Site of Grace.
- You have now reached the Siofra Aqueduct.
- Take a left and enter the waterfall area. Head to the right balcony and take the left stairs to Great Waterfall Basin.
- Defeat the Valiant Gargoyle bosses(Second Boss Fight) and activate the Great Waterfall Basin Site of Grace.
- Rest in a stone coffin near the waterfall, which will flow downstream and take you to Deeproot Depths.
Here is a Youtube video guide for the route discussed above,
Reach Deeproot Depths from Underground Leyndell Capital
The underground dungeon of Leyndell Capital is a labyrinth composed of interconnected sewers and gates that open from the other side.
It is a difficult and confusing route that requires a lot of careful platforming. One bad step, and you are dead.
If you have already explored the vast underground dungeon of Leyndell Capital called the Subterranean Shunning Grounds and defeated its boss Mohg, the Omen, inside the Cathedral of the Forsaken, here is what you should do.
- The wall behind the chest in the Cathedral of the Forsaken reveals the hidden passage when you hit or roll into it.
- You have to do a lot of jumping down, jump on a wooden plank first and then on a stone tablet to reach the bottom ground.
- You can go inside from the stone tablet, where you will obtain the Inescapable Frenzy incantation.
- Go down till you reach the dead end, from where you can safely jump down to the ground, which will then collapse, revealing the Frenzied Flame Proscription Site of Grace.
- Roll onto the fake wall on the Southeast side, and it will reveal a path to the chest containing Rune Arc.
- Hit the second fake wall behind the chest and go ahead to activate the Root Facing Cliff Site of Grace.
- Jump down the branch to the other side of the rocky platform.
- Kill or escape the giant ants and proceed further along the big branch. Jump down twice to the branch below, and you will reach the Deeproot Depth Site of Grace.