Mohg, the Lord of Blood, is a vicious endgame boss in Elden Ring, and there are two ways to find him,
- The first method uses the teleporter from the Consecrated Snowfield, which leads to the beginning of Mohg’s domain.
- Another uses the Pureblood’s Knights Medal that directly teleports you close to his palace grounds.
Just like his brother Morgott, the Omen King, Mohg comes in another variant called Mohg, the Omen, who is found as the boss in an underground area from Leydell Capital in a place called Subterranean Shunning-Grounds.
The Omen variant is weaker than the Lord of Blood but is still quite challenging.
Mohg is the demigod son of Queen Marika and Elden Lord Godfrey. He was born with the Omen curse, as was his brother King Morgott(a.k.a. Margit, the Fell Omen), making gnarly horns grow all over the accursed’s body.
Omen born of commoners were subjected to the removal of their horns, which usually resulted in death.
At the same time, the ones born of elites could keep their horns but were kept hidden, captive, or banished to lands afar.
The Omen curse did have one advantage, it made the accursed monstrously powerful.
Mohg escaped his captivity, rebelled against the Greater Will, and abandoned the Golden Order. Mohg now worships the outer god, the Formless Mother, who gives him power over blood magic.
He now resides and rules over the domain of Mohgwyn. There, he has taken captive Miquella, the Empyrean twin brother of Malenia. He is still ambitious and wishes to become the ultimate Lord of Lands Between by becoming the Consort of Miquella.
For that, he sacrifices countless beings and offers their blood to Miquella, hoping that one day, Miquella will return to life to ascend him into a Lord.
This guide will take you to both variants of Mohg so that you can eradicate his cult-like dynasty and his tainted lineage from all of Lands Between.
How to Get to Mohg, The Lord of Blood?
This variant of Mohg is stronger; he will take a lot of strategizing and practice to beat. As tough as it is to beat Mohg, the Lord of Blood, reaching him also isn’t entirely straightforward. We will present you with a complete guide to reaching this vile boss.
Note: Find the Purifying Crystal Tear to make Mohg, the Lord of Blood, boss-fight considerably easier. Also, find the Mohg’s shackle to stun him during the fight.
- Go through the teleporter in Consecrated Snowfield or get the Pureblood Knight’s Medal from the NPC Varre and teleport to the Mohgwyn Palace area. Note: The first path from the Consecrated Snowfield teleporter will eventually take you to the location where you get teleported using the Pureblood Knight’s Medal.
- From the Palace Approach Ledge-Road Site of Grace, follow the path to the east, past the infamous rune farming area, along the bloodsoaked river, past the bloody Albinauric guards, and all the way to an area with columned structures.
- The columned structure is where you get teleported by the Pureblood Knight’s Medal. Go upstairs and reach the Site of Grace called Dynasty Mausoleum Entrance.
- Go uphill through a narrow path from the Site of Grace and avoid the exploding zombies that are roaming around in the path. There are many of them, and they will dive at you and explode, so be careful.
- You will reach a cave at the end of this path, enter it. The interior is dark, and enemies lurk inside, so make sure you have a source of light. There are three dead ends inside the cave and one way out. The exit is up a short staircase and has a faint glow of light coming out of the doorway.
- As soon as you exit, there is a Site of Grace called Dynasty Mausoleum Midpoint. Rest there if you need to replenish your flasks.
- Now head up the new path, there are enemies that seem to be gathered around a large statue at the end, just opposite the statue is a stone lift that will take you up.
- Take the lift, and you will be at the entrance of the Parthenon-looking structure, enter it, and a cutscene will play.
- After the cutscene ends, you will meet Mohg, who is aching to fight you.
How to Get to Mohg, The Omen?
The Omen version of Mohg is the weaker variant, but don’t underestimate him, he is almost as strong as the Lord of Blood variant of Mohg and possesses almost all the same moves.
He is found deep in the Subterranean Shunning Grounds, and reaching him is probably more difficult than the boss-fight itself.
The Subterranean Shunning Grounds is an underground location just beneath the Royal Capital Leyndell where Omens like Mohg and his brother Morgott were kept locked away along with other Omens so that they were hidden from the sights of the people residing in the Leyndell Capital.
To find him, follow our guide. Honestly, it’s best to follow the video guide as you play for this one, as it might get quite confusing midway.
- From the Avenue Balcony Site of Grace, go down the stairs, and go left. Jump towards the roofs of one of the buildings on the lower platform and leap down to the ground.
- In this area, beneath the dragon-like structure, is a deep well with a ladder for you to go down. Careful, there are hidden enemies here. Quickly, take the ladder down the well.
- Once inside, light up and navigate the passageways. There is one portion that is infested with rats. At the end of the passageway, you will see Subterannean Shunning-Grounds displayed on the screen.
- You will be on a broken platform with a ladder at its end. Take the ladder down to the extensive underground area.
- Once you are down the ladder, there are a bunch of hard-hitting Omen Warriors prowling this area, so be careful. One of them will usually attack you as soon as you are down the ladder.
- Behind one of the doors, in the center of this open area, is the Site of Grace called Underground Roadside. Activate this Site of Grace as we need to open a few doors now, and this Site of Grace is centered around all these doors we need to open.
(The following steps are best understood if you watch the video guide above.)
- Open the first Metal Gate(on the Right from the Site of Grace): Opening this door is not needed to reach Mohg the Omen, but it has other uses, i.e., going down this area and jumping to the pit where there are two crayfish will get you Mohg’s Shackle which will make Mohg’s boss-fight a lot easier.
- To open the metal door on the right, as soon as you exit the Site of Grace, head left.
- Along the opposite end of the wall is a metal ladder that takes you down.
- Jump down or climb down and follow the path to the area with the sewer pipelines.
Note: You can jump down to another pipe and safely jump into the pit, you will reach the area with two giant crayfish, some treasures, and the Mohg’s Shackle.
- This area is guarded with imps, head up the pipes and straight onwards along the pipes as you avoid the imps to reach a doorway that leads you upstairs into a chamber guarded by an Omen. Alternatively, if you jumped down, escape from a gate aside from the Mohg’s Shackle and eventually unlock the path to the same room guarded by Omen. This route is discussed in detailed steps below.
- This chamber has a lever handle that you can pull to open the Metal door.
- Now you reaccess the Site of Grace. Rest there and move on to another one.
- Open the Metal Gate and a doorway (on the Left from the Site of Grace):
- Exit the Site of Grace again and head left. This time, follow the path left.
- There are Omen guarding this path, and on this path, you will see a square hole in the floor you can jump into. Jump in and go past the rats.
- On the right is a pipe entrance, enter it to find yourself in deep catacombs of pipelines. This place is like a maze and very confusing, so follow the video or do exactly what we say, not to lose your way. However, exploring has its benefits.
- Once you are in the pipes, follow the pipe till it bends, don’t take the diversions along the way as they will lead you to more enemies, along with some items, but not to where we need to go.
- Take the first bend on the left, you will see slugs, and there is a hole you need to avoid. Jump across the hole and follow the pipe till it bends again to the right and slopes upwards. Avoid the hole as soon as the upward slope ends.
- The path ends in two ways, take the way with metal bars. Avoid the slugs that jump at you in this path and walk it till it bends, and you will exit with a glow of an item in front of you.
- When you close into the item, an Omen Warrior will jump at you, avoid him and go up the ladder.
- As soon as you climb the ladder, there is a door you can open, you need to go through this door but leave it for now and head towards the Metal door, there is a lever handle here that you can operate that opens this door.
- This again links the area to the Underground Roadside Site of Grace.
- Open the Center Door, opposing the Site of Grace:
- Now head to the left where you just opened the metal door and the doorway.
- Head into the doorway, and do not go downstairs, instead, jump down from the ledge opposite the staircase to reach another set of stairs beneath.
- You will see a Teardrop Scarab along the staircase. Keep following the staircase until it opens to a path on the right. Follow this path, past the zombies and toxic flowers, till you reach a set of stairs.
- Once you get down these stairs, take a U-turn towards the right and head into the pipes. These pipes have a bunch of death-blight lizards, so be careful.
- Avoid the lizards and reach an open sewer area with lots of items and an Omen lurking in the shadow. Take the metallic ladder up from this area, and head into the door.
- Keep straight along the wooden platform without falling to reach the door you can push and unlock.
- Now you are exactly in front of the Underground Roadside Site of Grace and can head towards Mohg without having to unlock anything else.
- Head into the newly opened door along the wooden platform, and jump to the pipeline on the right, exactly opposite to the Imp guarding this path.
- Follow this pipeline all the way till it ends, and jump down to the platform below when it ends.
- You will land on a wooden platform made above a pipeline. Follow it and jump up to the platform where an imp throws knives at you. At the end of this platform is a doorway you need to take, but an imp is waiting to ambush you there, so be careful.
- Enter the doorway from where the imp lunges at you, and you will reach a platform. You can kick down a ladder to open a shortcut, but the path is towards a pipe opening beneath you. Jump down to the pipeline and jump into the Mario-esque pipe opening.
- As soon as you jump down, follow the 90-degree bending path, and don’t follow the straight path behind you.
- The pipe again bends along the path, and there is an instant U-turn towards the left as soon as you take the bend, take this U-turn.
- You should see a rat with glowing, frenzied eyes if your path has been correct till now. Turn right from where you meet the rat and proceed along this path till you see a hole.
- Jump into this hole, and there will be an enemy here. Go down the pipe, and follow the path till you see a ladder you can take down.
- You will reach a pit with a Jar Warrior enemy, take the right turn, and there is a lift that will take you down.
- On the base of the lift is a Site of Grace called Forsaken Depth. Follow the path straight onward from here to reach an underground church.
- Enter the underground church, and Mohg, the Omen will fight you here.
How to Find Mohg’s Shackle?
Mohg’s Shackle is a reusable item similar to Margit’s Shackle that can briefly trap Mohg and tie him to the ground during the fight.
Just like how an elephant tied by a rope to a pole when it was a baby can never imagine breaking free from the rope as an adult. The bull elephant could easily snap the rope or uproot the pole, but mentally, it is still the baby elephant trapped in the pole.
The mighty Lord of Blood Mohg can still be trapped down to earth by using the shackles used on him as a kid. This asks an existential question to everyone who plays Elden Ring. Are there any childhood shackles that still imprison you to this very day?
To obtain Mogh’s Shackle, you need to go into the pits with crayfish down the Subterranean Shunning Grounds. Follow the video guide or the steps to find your way to it.
- Start from the Avenue Balcony Site of Grace in Leyndell and head all the way to the Underground Roadside Site of Grace in the Subterranean Shunning Grounds. You can directly fast travel there if you have preactivated the Grace Site.
- Head to the metal ladder on the opposite wall from the room with the Site of Grace and descend the ladder.
- When you reach the imp-infested pipeline area, look down for a pipe you can safely jump to, use this pipe to jump below into the pit.
- Now you either have to fight and kill the two giant Crayfish enemies or run from them quickly to get the Mohg’s Shackle, just like we did in the video.
- After you obtain the Mohg’s Shackle, use the doorway close by it to escape into a tunnel.
- Use the lift in the tunnel to go up and reach a passage with a lever handle, as shown in the video.
- Pull the lever to open the ceiling that is blocking the staircase, which leads to the Underground Roadside area, and rest in the Site of Grace.
How to Use Mohg’s Shackle?
- Equip it in the quick-use item slot and use it just like you would use your healing flasks. Refer to the video as it shows the Shackle being equipped and used in the fight against Mohg.
- You can only use the shackle twice during each fight against Mohg. After the two uses, it becomes useless.