The Drainage Channel is an intermediate location inside the Haligtree, an endgame legacy dungeon in Elden Ring. It bridges the rest of the Haligtree and Elphael to Malenia’s boss fight arena, which lies amongst the tangled roots of Haligtree.
Along the Drainage Channel is where you will see Haligtree’s roots begin to emerge from the lands beneath.
The leaking water from the drain seems to have pooled in several areas within the Drainage Channel, and that’s where you will find the rot infesting the Haligtree is most densely concentrated.
In order to reach the Drainage Channel, you have to undertake a journey to accomplish a few steps.
- Get both pieces of Haligtree Secret Medallion.
- Use the Medallion in the Grand Lift of Rold and reach the Consecrated Snowfield.
- Go all the way north of the Consecrated Snowfield area and reach Ordina, the Liturgical Town.
- Solve the puzzle in Ordina Liturgical Town and unlock the Teleporter Waygate to reach the Haligtree. Underneath is a video showing how to solve the puzzle.
Once you are in the Haligtree, rest in the Haligtree Canopy Site of Grace directly before you.
From there, we will guide you down the branches to the roots of Haligtree and get you to the Drainage Channel. Follow the video guide or the steps to reach the destination.
- Travel the branches until you reach the landmark highlighted in the picture and take a ladder down from the platform there.
- Reach the Site of Grace, Haligtree Town, and then press forward. The path from here is filled with enemies till you reach the next Site of Grace.
- The Next Site of Grace is Haligtree Town Plaza. To reach there, navigate through the buildings from Haligtree town while heading north and northwest.
- From the Haligtree Town Plaza, leap across the rooftops till you reach a ladder that will take you down.
- Keep going forward across a building connected with bridges to reach a large open avenue, a boss fight will occur here with Loretta, Knight of Haligtree.
- After you defeat Loretta, you will get a new Site of Grace in the arena called Haligtree Promenade.
- Go to the end of the Promenade and take the stairs until you reach a tall ladder that takes you down to a building with a lift inside.
- Before taking the lift down, make sure you take the Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone(it will help you upgrade your weapon to the maximum level) from the top of the Building.
- Exit the lift chamber after taking it down to reach Elphael, the Brace of the Haligtree. Take the Bridge across to the Prayer Room and rest at the Site of Grace there. Be careful of the Cleanrot Knight guarding the entrance to the Prayer Room.
- Once out, you will have to fight through a series of interlinked balconies and terraces while taking steps that go downstairs till you find a doorway you can enter. A pair of Cleanrot Knights guard the room, so proceed carefully.
- Keep heading north until you see a large doorway guarded by two archer ballistae and a Putrid Erdtree Avatar. You have to enter through there, and you have more than one way. You can choose to enter through the window above, which is far less risky.
- To reach the window above the main entrance door, take a doorway to the left as soon as you leave the room with Cleanrot Knights. This doorway will lead you to a root from where you can take another way rather than fighting your way through the main door.
- From the root, take the way shown in the image below to avoid enemies. Jump to the balcony and enter through the window above the doorway, and you can take a ladder down to Elphael Inner Wall, Site of Grace.
Alternatively, you can fight or dodge-roll your way through the enemies and enter from the main doorway guarded by Putrid Avatar and turn left to reach the Site of Grace, Elphael Inner Wall.
- Proceed forwards from Elphael Inner Wall Site of Grace and take a right past the doorway. You come across a root that is poking a hole out of the walls. Enter through a large hole made by the root.
- You will reach a rot-infested area. Ahead are pools of Rot and the annoying Kindred of Rot enemies you might have met in Caelid. Follow the path laid out in the image below and make sure you avoid the enemies along the way.
Note: It’s best you use an armament with Bloodhound Step Ash of War to traverse across the pool of Rot, as shown in the video guide above.
- Enter the doorway and go down the ladder to reach the Site of Grace, Drainage Channel. You can progress past here to reach Malenia.