Haligtree is the final traditional dungeon located in the end-game portion of Elden Ring. Your visit to Haligtree is bound to leave you mesmerized by its beautifully laid-out paths and its vibrantly graceful architectural design.
As you go deeper though, you will find that the beauty is only skin deep, and a festering rot has infested its core.
If you are heading there, let me remind you, it’s not going to be a piece of cake. There are secrets to uncover and puzzles to solve before you get to behold the Haligtree.
There are some prerequisites to reaching Haligtree,
- First, you should have accessed the Mountaintops of the Giants.
- The next on the to-do list is to get hold of both pieces of Haligree Secret Medallion and use it in the Grand Lift of Rold to get to the Consecrated Snowfield.
Our guide starts from the first Site of Grace in the Consecrated Snowfield. You can easily get there if you have followed our previous guides linked up ahead. We will start with the map of the whole route.
- Now first, fast travel to the Consecrated Snowfield Site of Grace.
- Travel north through the blizzard and snow, the path is barely visible but you will see the faint glows of warmly lit lights that will be guiding your path.
- Follow the lights north but be careful where you go as you might see a light from afar and hastily rush towards it, just to encounter a strong enemy. Also, if you reach a cliff, you can usually jump down safely if you see the yellow glow of the lights beneath you.
- As your path goes north, the blizzard will slowly start clearing up and you will find a frozen river across your path.
- There is a Site of Grace called Inner Consecrated Snowfield before you cross the river. Do remember to activate it.
- After crossing the river you will see a pedestal that has the Map Fragment of this area, do remember to pick it up before you head up ahead.
- Shortly up your path is the Ordina Liturgical Town. Go and find the Site of Grace located at the beginning area of the town so you can finally rest.
- You will need to solve a puzzle in this town to move ahead. It involves visiting an evergaol world and lighting all the candles there, which will unlock the seal at the north of the town. Check out our video guide to make this easier for you.
- Once the puzzle is solved and the seal is broken. Go to the newly opened gateway at the north and at the end of the platform is a teleporter.
- Use the teleporter to reach Miquella’s Haligtree.
The Lore of Miquella’s Haligtree
Haligtree was made to replace the Erdtree and become the new source of hope for Lands Between. The demigod Miquella, twin brother of Malenia, and the son of Queen Marika with her consort Elden Lord Radagon was the one who created the Haligtree.
Miquella was cursed to forever be a child, but that curse came with the power of unlimited life. Miquella used this power to fuel the growth of Haligtree by using his own blood as nourishment.
Later, to take care of the Haligtree, Miquella became a cocoon and integrated himself inside Haligtree, so that he and the tree both would grow up together.
So, a question arises. Why was the Haligtree even needed if Erdtree already existed? There are many theories but the most solid theory states that, as Erdtree started rejecting the Tarnished, the misbegotten, and the Omens, and stopped bestowing them with its grace.
It seems, Miquella who had a strong sense of empathy, sought equality for these rejected beings and created a new tree that would accept every being without any prejudice.
Later, even though Miquella was under the protection of his sister Malenia and many of his followers, he was abducted by another demigod, his stepbrother Mohg, the Lord of Blood. Mohg seems to have kidnapped Miquella when Malenia was battling General Radahn.
Once Miquella got taken, the Haligtree grew to be distorted and deformed. It slowly grew to be corrupted by the Scarlet Rot, just like Malenia, who remained in its rot. When we, the chosen Tarnished, find the Haligtree, it is being consumed by rot.
Now, the Haligtree is inhabited by misbegotten beings who protect Miquella and still do not know that he has already been abducted by Mogh.
Even Malenia is the same, after the battle with Radahn, she was brought back to Haligtree by her loyal knights and now she awaits her kidnapped brother, beguiled by the curse of Scarlet Rot, deep within the roots of Haligtree.