White Mask is an important piece of attire when you are running a bleed-focused dexterity build. This headgear raises your attack if someone bleeds or hemorrhages blood in the vicinity.
You can obtain the White Mask at Mohgwyn Palace by defeating three white masked invaders.
First and foremost, to get White Mask, you must reach the Mohgwyn Palace. You can reach the palace either through Varré’s questline or from the late game region, Consecrated Snowfield.
We prefer you undertake Varré’s questline as it happens in the early to mid game as finding it on the later stages won’t make sense when bleed-focused builds start becoming obsolete.
White Mask Varré Questline.
Let’s start from the very beginning. The moment you step into Limgrave region, you are introduced to White Mask Varré.
He is the one who mockingly calls you maiden-less, but he does give you some helpful suggestions.
Once you are inducted into the Roundtable Hold after slaying your first Shardbearer boss, meet Varré at another location.
He is in Rose Church, south of Raya Lucaria Academy, and that is where you begin his quest line.
- Accept his questline by selecting the first option he provides you when he asks you about the Two Fingers, that is, “They didn’t seem right.”
- He will then give you five Festering Bloody Fingers. The Festering Bloody Finger is a consumable item that will send you to invade another player world. Use the item three times to invade in multiplayer and return to Varre.
- Alternatively. for those who are playing offline, you can actually invade an NPC called Magnus the Beast Claw’s world by using Festering Bloody Finger in the Writheblood Ruins, Altus Plateau.
Defeat Magnus and return to Varré to progress the quest line.
- Accept his next task, which is to soak the Lord of Blood’s Favor, a white cloth in Maiden’s Blood.
- After you dye the cloth with Maiden’s Blood, return to Varre and offer your finger to him. You will then receive the Bloody Finger, a reusable item that you can use instead of the consumable Festering Bloody Fingers.
- And finally, You will receive the Pureblood Knight’s Medal. A key item that can be used to teleport you directly to Mohgwyn Palace.
Note: After you reach the Mohgwyn Dynasty Mausoleum. All you have to do is find and kill the three White Mask invaders. MAKE SURE to defeat the three invaders before you kill the boss of this area or you won’t get the White Mask.
Defeat the Three Nameless White Mask Invaders
If you are confident enough to defeat the three White Mask invaders in an early game, then you can use the Pureblood Knight’s Medal that you get from completing The White Mask Varré questline.
Here is the location of three same invaders so you can kill them thrice and get the White Mask.
- Get the Mohgwyn Palace map, go to the location shown on the map below, and kill the first White Mask invader.
- Wait for the message to appear that says “Invaded by Nameless White Mask”, and he will appear from the pool of blood.
- The second Nameless White Mask is near the Waterfall of blood. It was my second encounter, but you can encounter them in any order.
- Be careful of his dagger and Swamps of Flies incantation as both of them stack bleed damage. The image below shows where you will find the third Nameless White Mask invader.
- If you get the War Surgeon Set by killing the first invader, then congratulations. You don’t have to defeat the remaining two. If not, continue killing the invaders, and you will eventually get the set on your third kill.
Defeating one of the three Nameless White Mask invaders will drop the War Surgeon set. This set contains the White mask along with War Surgeon Gown, Gloves, and Trousers.
Note: The invader that drops the War Surgeon Set spawns behind one of the large stone pillars close to the Giant Crow Enemy.
Here is a full video guide comprising the whole endeavor,