Optifine is a mod that lets you tweak your game performance by applying shaders, add-ons, and texture packs. Most of all, it increases your game performance by boosting FPS.
In this article, we will guide you to install Optifine on your Minecraft so you can customize your game with shaders and animations. There are several processes to do so, but first you need to download and install Java.
And If you are completely new to Java and .jar files, we have also guided you to install Java below.
How to Install Optifine in Minecraft?
Minecraft is currently running on version 1.19. The Wild Update was released on the 7th of June, 2022. To install and apply Optifine in Minecraft, you need to first update your Minecraft game to this new version.
Download Java 17
If you have not already installed Java 17, then you might run into issues while installing Optifine. Java 17 is a must for Minecraft mods and servers. So, to install Java 17,
- Go to the Java official page to download it. You can search for Java 17 download in your browser and click on the second link.
- The download section is on Linux by default, so click on windows first.
- Click on the link x64 Installer to download the .exe file.
- Install Java17. It takes a few seconds to install. Now, we can move on to our next step of downloading and installing Optifine Mod.
Downloading and Installing Optifine Mod
With the release of new Minecraft updates, Optifine also releases a new version compatible with Minecraft’s latest update. As for now, we have Optifine 1.29.2 to go perfectly with the game.
Below are steps to download and install Optifine mod,
- Search for “Download Optifine” on your browser and click on the first link.
- Click on (Mirror) right beside Download to skip through any ads. You have to wait fifteen seconds or skip an ad if you click the download button instead.
- The download file window appears in the middle of the page. Click on Download and save the .jar file on your computer.
- Right-click on the Optifine 1.19.2 jar file and open it with Java(TM) SE Platform Binary.
- Click on Install inside Optifine Installer and make sure that the Minecraft application is closed.
- After successfully installing the Optifine mod, click on Ok and open the Minecraft Application.
- Now, you can already see the Optifine 1.19.2 in your launcher.
- If you do not see the Optifine mod, you can select it from the Minecraft version, where you can find the Optifine mod available.
- If you do not see the Optifine menu on the list, then click on installations and check mark on Modded. This will make your Optifine file accessible to play.
- After selecting Optifine, click play, and you can see Minecraft is now modded in the title screen.
Now that your Minecraft is modded with Optifine, you can experience different shaders with awesome animation, changed item attributes, changed biomes, and many more.