Stars of Ruin, one of the Legendary Sorceries, was created by Primeval Sorcerer Lusat.
This spell releases 12 shooting stars that pursues the target. Moreover, you can cast it while moving. Meaning you can hit a mobile target while you yourself are in motion, and that makes it very powerful.
You get Stars of Ruin from Master Lusat, who resides deep beneath the Sellia Hideaway in exile. It is a secret cave near the Church of the Plague whose entrance is hidden with an illusory boulder.
Even if you reach Sellia Hideaway, your path to Master Lusat and Stars of Ruin is blocked by a magical seal.
To unlock the seal, you need to first initiate Sorceress Sellen’s questline, travel all the way to Mt. Gelmir, get the Comet Azur sorcery, and then return to Sorceress Sellen to obtain the Sellian Spellbreaker, which unseals the magical barrier.
We have a video walkthrough above to help you obtain the sorcery. You can also follow the steps below to quickly get your hands on the Stars of Ruin.
- Meet Sorcress Sellen, who can be found east of Lake Agheel, Limgrave. Find her in an underground chamber guarded by a Mad Pumpkin Head mini-boss.
- Next, head out to Altus Plateau. The quickest way to reach the Altus Plateau and Mt. Glemir is by obtaining the two halves of the Dectus medallion and using the Grand Lift of Dectus, located in northernmost Liurnia.
- After you reach the Altus Plateau region, head towards the huge rocky mountains in the northwest. This map will show you exactly what path to take. Don’t forget to activate the Graces Sites that you come upon.
- You need to make a way around Mt. Gelmir to reach the Hermit Village. Go north of the Hermit Village and find the Primeval Sorcerer Azur Site of Grace. This is where you’ll see the crystallized Sorcerer Azur. Interact with him to obtain the Comet Azur sorcery.
- After getting the Comet Azure Sorcery spell, fast-travel to Waypoint Ruins and talk to Sorceress Sellen about Comet Azure.
- Exhaust her dialogue, and she will give you the Sellian Sealbreaker, it is a key that unlocks the barrier inside the Sellia Hideaway.
- Now, fast-travel to the Church of the Plague, Caelid, where you meet the NPC Millicent. Head northeast up the hilly path till you reach a graveyard guarded by a bulky Sorceror.
- Just behind the tall tombstone in the graveyard is the illusionary fake boulder, hit it to reveal the path.
- Once inside, you have to go through two fake walls. Attack or roll into the walls to venture deeper into the cave.
- Make your way down to the pit of the cave, where you will come across the magical barrier. With the Sellian Sealbreaker key, unlock the area and get yourself the Stars of Ruin Sorcery spell.
How to Properly Use Stars of Ruin?
Requirements: Stars of Ruins is categorized as a Primeval Sorcery spell.
-It requires 43 INT (Intelligence) to be usable.
-It consumes 32 FP and 29 Stamina when cast(since patch v1.07).
-It uses up 1 memory slot to equip.
- This sorcery can be charged to increase its power by 30%. Using talismans such as Godfrey Icon further increases the power of the charged spells by 15%.
- You can equip Lusat’s Glintstone Crown(Headgear) to even further increase the power by 15%, but you will also be consuming more FP to use the spells.
- Magic Scorpion Charm can increase its power further by 12% at the cost of taking more damage.
- Radagon Icon, a talisman, can reduce the time it takes to cast the spell making it a viable option to take into battles with the Stars of Ruin. Using Azur’s Glintstone Staff further decreases the cast time of Primeval Sorceries.
- Use a physick combination with Magic Shrouding Cracked Tear to further increase its power. The aforementioned Crystal Tear can be combined with Cerulean Hidden Tear or Intelligence-Knot Crystal Tear for a better result.