Mt. Gelmir is designed to be a rugged area, and even its visual aesthetics exudes toughness. It is a harsh volcanic mountain landscape populated with difficult enemies. This makes traversal through the area challenging for any newly Tarnished.
At the top of Mt. Gelmir is the Volcano Manor, a giant mansion-like castle dungeon overseeing the whole area. You can meet a total of 10 bosses at Mt. Gelmir, and each of them will challenge you in different ways.
In Elden Ring, exploring difficult areas means getting awesome rewards. From high-level upgrade materials to fantastic weapons, no doubt you can find them all in Mt. Gelmir. So if you want to get there, we’ve got your back.
Starting at Liurnia, you have multiple ways to reach Mt. Gelmir. You can use the NPC’s questline to reach there, or you can choose to travel along multiple solo travel routes.
The following map shows all possible pathways to get to Mt. Gelmir. Let’s discuss further,
Using the Abductor Virgin at Raya Lucaria Academy
This is the absolute quickest way to land yourself at Mt. Gelmir. This is also part of NPC Patches questline, although we can reach there without him being any part of it.
This method also involves dying, so ensure you have spent all your runes. You can also use a Sacrificial twig or drink a Physick concoction containing Twiggy Cracked Tear to save your runes at the moment of death.
- Once you are prepared, fast-travel to the Schoolhouse Classroom Site of Grace in Raya Lucaria Academy.
- Head backward from the path leading to Queen Rennala and instead go towards the large rotating iron water wheel.
- Head to the opposite end of the waterwheel from where you initially came up, using the ledge along the wheel. You can descend downwards from there.
- Once at the pit, you will meet the Abductor Virgin enemy. Make sure to only die to her grab attack, and your runes are taken care of before you die.
- When you respawn, you will be in the Volcano Manor. Now you have to find your way out. Unfortunately for you, both the two ways out from here are blocked by bosses.
Note: There used to be an exploit you could use, making a third path, but it has been patched out in a recent update.
- Go past the bat enemies and down the tunnel from where you spawn. This will take you to a Site of Grace called the Subterranean Inquisition Chamber.
- Once again, find a path down from the Site of Grace, this will take you to a boss fight area where you fight Abductor Virgin Duo bosses. Defeat them to unlock another Site of Grace.
- Head out from the Site of Grace, and you will reach Mt. Gelmir. This is the very beginning area of Mt. Gelmir, and it starts when the Wyndham Ruins end.
- Alternatively, if you decide to jump down to the lava and survive the walk to reach an enemy-infested area, from where you can take an iron lift upwards, which further leads to a boss.
- Defeat the Godskin Noble boss, activate the Site of Grace, and make your way to the main area of Volcano Manor, where Tanlith resides.
- Exit the Volcano Manor, and you will find yourself in the very heart of Mt. Gelmir.
With the Help of NPC Rya
Rya is an NPC who will help you get to Mt. Gelmir easily. In fact, she will put you in the exact center of Mt. Gelmir region, from where you can choose wherever you want to go.
To get her help, you need to complete her quest,
- Meet Rya east from the Scenic Isle Site of Grace at Liurnia and take her request.
- Go and visit Blackguard Big Boggart at his shack, north of the Scenic Isle Site of Grace. Indulge him in a conversation and buy Rya’s Necklace from him. Alternatively, you can defeat him and make him drop the Necklace, but this will bar you from completing his questline.
- Get the Necklace back to Rya, and she will give you the Invitation to Volcano Manor, which is the center of Mt. Gelmir.
Once you get the invitation, you must reach Altus Plateau to meet Rya again. There are two places in the Altus Plateau where you can meet Rya, either above the Grand Lift of Dectus or above the Ruin Strewn Precipice. From there, Rya will directly teleport you to the Volcano Manor, i.e., the center of Mt. Gelmir.
Going up The Grand Lift of Dectus
- To be able to go up the Grand Lift of Dectus, you will need the Dectus Medallion, which is found in two pieces.
- Dectus Medallion (Left) – Go to Limgrave and find Fort Haight. It is located south of the Mistwood Forest area. Climb to the top of Fort Haight, and you can find the left piece of the Dectus Medallion there.
- Dectus Medallion(Right) – Go to Caelid and find Fort Farroth. This fortress is located very close to the dragons at the Greyoll’s Sragonbarrow area. Climb to the top of this fort and obtain the right piece of the Dectus Medallion.
- Take the pair of pieces of the Dectus Medallion and hoist it at the Grand Lift of Dectus to reach Altus Plateau.
- Travel north through the Militia Camp and go west, a bit uphill, to find the Erdtree Gazing Hill, Site of Grace.
- Travel north from Erdtree Gazing Hill Site of Grace, using a mountain trail, and again head west to reach the Wyndham Ruins.
- Get across Wyndham Ruins and go into the ravine. You are now inside Mt. Gelmir region.
Going up the Ruin Strewn Precipice
Ruin Strewn Precipice is a dungeon at the northern corner of Liurnia. Travel along the lake water and reach a narrow canyon at the northmost part of the lake, then keep heading forward along the canyon.
You will reach an area with wooden platforms and ladders. There is a Site of Grace called Ravine Veiled Village at the base of these ladders.
- Climb the ladders and enter the green crystal-lit cave, it is a dungeon, so prepare yourself, there are a lot of miners in the first half of this cave.
- Make your way up to a Site of Grace, up and outside the cavern called Ruin Strewn Precipice.
- Again, go up using ladders and elevators, past the bat enemies and their singing matriarchs, till you make it to the boss room. The path to the boss is straightforward, with few short dead ends, which shouldn’t be much of a problem.
- Fight the dragon called Magma Wyrm Makar and activate the Site of Grace after you defeat the dragon.
- At the end of the boss fight arena, there is a wooden elevator. Use it to go up and reach the Altus Plateau.
- The first Site of Grace is the Abandoned Coffin Site of Grace. From there, cross the water and pass the coffins towards the northeast.
- You should get a majestic view of Erdtree once you pass the narrow opening with wolves. This is the Erdtree Gazing Hill, and there is a Site of Grace here and an area called Lux Ruins.
- Head north from Erdtree Gazing Hill along the narrow cliff road to reach Wyndham Ruins.
- Get across Wyndham Ruins, and once you reach the river ravine, you are now in Mt. Gelmir.
Going Around the Royal Capital Leyndell
As Elden Ring is an open-world game, there are more than one ways to reach the same place. Some short and some rather long.
This is the longest path you can take to reach Mt. Gelmir. Just take a look at the Map and compare the path to other lines. Still, it is a route and we will guide you.
- Enter the Main Gate of Royal Capital Leyndell and follow the path up the large staircase.
- Get past the giant gargoyle and head into the large battlefield.
- Margit should attack you on the battlefield, he will announce and insult you as always before attacking you. But unlike the meeting with Margit in the Stormveil Castle, you can skip and ignore him here.
- Head north, exit the Royal Capital using the large gate and start heading North West along the road.
- Head northwest from the gate, and you will pass a village of windmills towards the east, then reach a Bridge. Under the bridge, there is a Site of Grace called Road to Iniquity Site Path.
- Now the path will go towards the southwest, keep following the path past the crusade, and you will reach a wooden rope bridge.
- Past the wooden rope bridge is Mt. Gelmir. You will find a Site of Grace called Bridge of Iniquity.
- In this area, you will see a lot of Abductor Virgin enemies fighting soldiers. You will also be invaded by an enemy called Anastasia-Tarnished Eater if you go toward the end of this area.
- Most importantly, there is a tall ladder in this area, and we have marked it on the map above. Use this ladder to go to Volcano Manor.