The Royal Capital Leyndell is undoubtedly the most glorious place in Elden Ring. Before the war between the demigods, the capital city used to be a shining beacon, a vibrant center of politics, art, architecture, and faith.
Even now, while you explore the capital, you can experience the shades of its past glory. Inside the city, you will encounter the valiant knights who still protect the city till their last breath, and its greatness can also be seen from the ever-radiant golden-roofed houses.
So, if you are still figuring out how to get into the Royal Capital, then there are two ways you can take,
- Through the rear gate on the outskirts of the Royal Capital, guarded by a Draconic Tree Sentinel. (Preffered)
- From the teleporter waygate at the Deeproot Depths that’s located in the large arena known as Prince of Death’s Throne. (Alternate/longer)
Let’s discuss both,
Through Outskirts of the Royal Capital
This route is the standard way to get yourself into the capital. You will need to fulfill certain conditions and reach the marked location in order to take this route. Each condition required is mentioned below.
- You need to defeat at least 2 shard-bearer bosses. The following is the list of shard bearer bosses available for you to defeat.
- You need to reach Altus Plateau and enter the Capital Outskirts. There are multiple ways you can enter Altus Plateau, and they are,
- By obtaining both pieces of the Dectus Medallion and taking the Grand Lift of Dectus. (One piece is atop Fort Haight, Limgrave, and another piece is atop Fort Faroth, Caelid)
- By completing the Ruin Strewn Precipice Dungeon and beating its boss, Magma Wyrm Makar.
- By getting trapped and abducted by an Abductor Virgin enemy under the waterwheel at the Academy of Raya Lucaria. This takes you to the Volcano Manor’s dungeon, which can lead out to Altus Plateau if you defeat an Abductor Virgin duo boss.
- Lastly, reach the back entrance of the Royal Capital (shown on the map above) and defeat the Draconic Tree Sentinel. This boss guards the doorway to the Royal Capital Ramparts, and once you defeat him, you can enter the Royal Capital Leyndell.
You can also watch the video guide to clarify any confusion.
Through Deeproot Deaths
This route is not the recommended way to get into the Royal Capital as it is longer and has more difficult bosses. Apart from the shard bearer you choose to defeat, this path ahead has four additional compulsory boss fights.
- Starscourge Radahn
- Mimic Tear
- Valiant Gargoyle Duo Bosses
- Fia’s Champions
Along with the boss fights, the steps you need to complete in order to use this way are as follows.
- Unlock the Path to Nokron, the Eternal City, by defeating the Starscourge Radahn during the Radahn Festival.
- Travel through Nokron and defeat Mimic Tear before reaching Siofra Aqueduct.
- Defeat the Valiant Gargoyle Duo Boss inside the Siofra Aqueduct’s waterfall to unlock the tomb ride that can be used to reach Deeproot Depths.
- Travel through Deeproot Depths till you reach Across the Roots Site of Grace in the Nameless Eternal City, enter through the cave there to reach a huge arena where you fight Fia’s Champions.
- After defeating Fia’s Champions, there will be a teleporter waygate at the end of the arena, and if it is not activated, you have to complete some more steps.
- Speak to Enia, the Finger Reader, at the Roundtable Hold with two Shard Bearers defeated. She will tell you to go to the capital and reach the foot of the Erdtree. This activates the teleporter in the Deeproot Depths, which can be used to reach the Royal Capital Leyndell.
- You should directly spawn inside a Chapel before the East Capital Ramparts Site of Grace after teleporting.